Humanity and Bearing EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 12:23 pm by God

» National Issues & Events
Humanity and Bearing EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 9:40 am by God

Norwich Gazette
October 1904.

Sunrise: 7:20 AM
Sunset: 6:00 PM
Temperature: 65F

Bright and warm, with a refreshing breeze; clouding over later. Small chance of light showers in the evening.

Humanity and Bearing

Go down

Humanity and Bearing Empty Humanity and Bearing

Post by God Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Sometimes the state of a vampires Humanity can effect their bearing, to the point where it is noticed by those with whom they interact. If your character's Humanity results in such an impact, please place the appropriate notation in your characters signature. Keep in mind when interacting with someone with such a bearing, the impression is entirely subconscious.

Humanity 10-8: You give off an almost saintly impression that makes others feel at ease.

Humanity 7-4: You don't give off any strong impression one way or the other [no notation necessary].

Humanity 3-1: you give off an impression of menace that is nearly palpable. Your presence triggers a fight or flight response with the slightest provocation.

High / low Humanity ratings will also change some die rolls.

Used with permission from Rhode Island by Night [adapted].
God
God
Admin

https://eabn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Humanity and Bearing Empty Re: Humanity and Bearing

Post by God Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:50 pm

I will be playing the concept of 'Humanity' a little different than laid out in the books. In short, I feel the basic rules are frankly too based on what Kindred directly do [kill, maim, steal etc] and not enough on how they can indirectly screw up the wider world [supporting corrupt politicians, using lawyers to legally steal, encouraging a police force which doesn't investigate crimes etc]. These effects, in my opinion are worse, as the indirect actions often ripple out through society itself, causing more damage than the direct actions.

Nor will I allow Humanity to be easily re-bought by some token charity work. To regain Humanity requires a significant change in habits, where the Kindred comes to terms with the effect they have on the wider world.

But all is not lost. I have rigged up a 'Concience meter' which will go off in your character's Q&C's if they are about to do / see something ethically dodgy.

Naturally, this is a fluid concept. I expect you to [quickly] debate such things as and when they happen.

Lastly, yes ignorance is a viable defence here [at least for the indirect stuff]. A fool can't often think of the long-term consequences of their actions. But not if they're bright enough to work it out but choose not to...
God
God
Admin

https://eabn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum